Trains stopping at this station

Koya Line
  • Local

Barrier-free Information

Wheelchair-accessible restroom
Ostomate Restroom
Nursing Bed
Mobility Scooters
Regular stocked Wheelchairs
Braille Guide

    Voice guidance is not provided.

Assignment time of station staff

Station staff are absent all day.


    Please use the intercom to call staff.


Information of surrounding facilities

Sawanocho station opened in February 1942. The name of the station was taken from the name of the town at the time, 'Sawanocho' ,but part of the town was renamed Tonotsuji-cho (now Tonotsuji, Sumiyoshi Ward) in the same year. Located roughly halfway between the station and Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine, the Sumiyoshi Angu Ruins was built in 1352 by Emperor Gomurakami, who moved to Seiinden in the residence of Mr. Tsumori, the chief priest of Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine. It is also known as the place where the next Emperor Chokei ascended the throne. The Hosoe River, whose scene was sung in the "Manyoshu", has been developed as the "Babbling of the Hosoe River" about 600 meters upstream, and in early summer you can see the flowers of Sumiyoshi Ward.

Information of Sawanochō Station


2-4-3 Tonotsuji, Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka

Neighborhood Map