Trains stopping at this station

Koya Line
  • Tenku
  • Rapid Express
  • Express
  • Local

Barrier-free Information

Wheelchair-accessible restroom
Ostomate Restroom
Nursing Bed
Mobility Scooters
Regular stocked Wheelchairs
Braille Guide

Assignment time of station staff

Station staff are absent all day.


    Please use the intercom to call staff.


Information of surrounding facilities

Two years after Nankai Railway merged the Osaka Koya Railway and the Koya Daishi Railway at the same time, Kudoyama station opened in December 1924. About a 10-minute walk from the station, Sanada-an (officially known as Zenmyoshoin) is designated as a historic site by the prefecture as the site of the mansion of Masayuki and Yukimura Sanada, who lived in secluded residences during the Sengoku period. "Sanada Festival" is be held every May. About a 20-minute walk from Sanada-an, Jison-in Temple (a World Heritage Site) was built as a temple office at the foot of the mountain when Kobo Daishi Kukai founded Koyasan. In the middle of the stone steps that lead from Jison-in Temple to Niu Kanshofu Shrine (World Heritage Site), there are Choishi stones, and the approximately 20-kilometer "Choishimichi Road (World Heritage Site)" that leads from here to Koyasan was once used as the Main pilgrimage route (Omotesando).

Surrounding Facilities

Rice ball stand "Kudo"《inside the station》

Sanada-an 《About 10 minutes on foot from the station》

"Sanada-an" is the name of the temple built on the ruins of the mansion where Masayuki Sanada and his son Yukimura lived in hiding during the turbulent Sengoku era. The official name is Zenmyoshoin, and it was founded in 1741. After Masayuki's death, the Sanada family's mausoleum was enshrined as Jishu Daigongen, and is considered the guardian deity of this temple as the god of good fortune and wisdom.

[Address] 1413 Kudoyama, Kudoyama-cho, Ito-gun, Wakayama [TEL/JP only] 0736-54-2218

Jison-in 《30 minutes walk from the station》

Jison-in is an ancient temple built by Kobo Daishi as a key point for the general affairs of the Koyasan when it was founded. Located at the front entrance for pilgrims, it was also used as a lodging facility and as a place for winter training. When the temple was founded, this was the end of the pilgrimage for women to Koyasan, and Kobo Daishi's mother, who had come from far away from Sanuki Province to visit him, was unable to enter the mountain and died here. For his mother, Kobo Daishi built Miroku-do and enshrined the statue of Miroku Bodhisattva, the principal image of Buddha. Also known as Women's Koya, many women still visit today to pray for safe childbirth and childcare.

[Address] 832 Jisonin, Kudoyama-cho, Ito-gun, Wakayama [TEL/JP only] 0736-54-2214

Information of Kudoyama Station


123-2 Oji Kudoyama, Kudoyama-cho, Ito-gun, Wakayama Prefecture

Neighborhood Map